We thought it would be nice to give you a little history of the Lillywhite Hotel Group.
The Lillywhite Hotel Group.(LHG) is a husband and wife partnership between Reg and Ann Lillywhite.
Currently LHG owns and operates 6 hotels and 11 detached bottle shops. The hotels and bottle shops are located in Mareeba, Townsville, Charters Towers and Brisbane.
LHG has owned and operated hotels since 1987 and has gradually built up its portfolio over the years. LHG employs approximately 265 people.
- February 1987 –Purchased the Graham and Royal Hotels in Mareeba in partnership with Jim & Margaret Barlow.
- May 1988 –Purchased Bohle Barn Hotel, Townsville
- January 1989 –Sold Royal Hotel.
- March 1989 –Purchased Hotel Stuart, Townsville
- 1990 –Purchased vacant land adjacent to Bohle Barn Hotel
- July 1991 –Purchased Jim & Margaret’s interest in the Partnership.
- 1991 –Refurbishment of the Graham (stage 1)
- Mid 1990’s –Refurbishment of Hotel Stuart.
- August 1999 –Purchased the Sovereign Hotel (Charters Towers)
- 2000 –Refurbishment of the Graham (stage 2)
- 2001 –Purchased managers house in Charters Towers.
- May 2007 –Purchased lease of the Midtown Hotel Motel.
- 2008/2009 –Refurbishment of the Midtown Hotel Motel.
- December 2009 –Purchased warehouse in Enterprise Street, Bohle.
- April 2010 –Purchased Bushland Beach Tavern Freehold.
- September 2010 –Purchased Riverview Tavern.
- December 2010 –Purchased Bushland Beach Tavern Business.
- February 2012 –Refurbishment of Hotel Stuart Accommodation.
- March 2013 –Purchase of the Durack Tavern, Brisbane
- May 2013 –New storeroom constructed at Riverview Tavern.
- June 2013 –Midtown Hotel Motel lease expired.
- July – December 2013 –Major refurbishment of the Sovereign Tavern.
- December 2013 –Purchased land adjacent to Bushland Beach Tavern.
- January 2015 –Completed plans for refurbishment of Durack Tavern.
- August 2016 – August 2017 – Major refurbishment of Durack Tavern undertaken.
- February 2018 – Refurbishment and extension of Bohle Barn begins.